Auditions for The Ten Show Final Round, week 4.
The Hive Collaborative, 591 S. 300 West, Provo, UT 84601
Tuesday, November 19th, 2019 starting at 7 pm (end time tbd)
What to Prepare
Please bring a copy of your resume for the producers to review before the show and be prepared to read sides for a given role. You may be invited by other producers in attendance as well to read sides from their selected plays. Producers then may bid for your acting services. If more than one producer bids for your services, you may select from the two highest bidders.
Roles (Week 4)
Merry Christmas, Good Soldier
Strangers meet on Christmas Day at a national military cemetery and find solace in their Christmas memories.
- WOMAN – middle-aged, her father was interred at the cemetery one week earlier
- MAN 1 – middle-aged, his father had been interred at the cemetery four months earlier
- MAN 2 – older brother to MAN 1
Queens of the Realm
Four hundred years after the destruction of the earth, in the Land of the Realm, two rival queens vie for control of the kingdom. But when Queen Becky the Brave thwarts the royal ambitions of Queen Molly the Magnificent, can all-out war be far behind? Queens of the Realm is a fantastical comedy about power, strategy, and sibling rivalry.
- QUEEN BECKY – Female, Mid to Late 20’s, clad in the livery of an Elven Warrior Queen
- QUEEN MOLLY – Female, Early to Mid 20’s, garbed in the beautiful robes of an Arthurian noblewoman
The Coriolis Effect
A man has an existential crisis after getting his hand stuck in a toilet. He calls for his wife to come to his rescue, but her form of rescue is on a different order than what he’s looking for.
- MATT – 40s, male, uptight, excitable husband of Lisa
- LISA – 40s, female, cool, playful wife of Matt
Zombie Hearts Never Beat
What good is a beating heart that can’t love?
The zombie apocalypse is a lot less terrible than one might think. The heart stoppers (zombies) live
in relative harmony with the heart beaters (live humans). But Justin has been recruited for a drug
trial that will jump start his heart. Unfortunately, that means he’ll never be able to be with his true
love, his heart-stopper girlfriend, Lucy.
- JUSTIN (M) – 20s-30, zombie, nice guy, means well
- LUCY (F) – 20s-30s, zombie, nice girl, smarter than her boyfriend Justin
- RUBY (F) – 40s-60s, zombie, career waitress
- NORB/NANA (M/F) – 40s-60s, zombie, diner chef, cranky. Change pronouns as needed.
- BONNIE-ANN (F) – 20s-30s, zombie, not a very good waitress, fun
- CONSTANCE/CONNOR (F/M) – Any age that looks good in a corporate suit. Caring, but this is business. Change pronouns as needed.